Saturday, November 24, 2007

November

The last few weeks have been quiet. Since I last updated, I saw my Grandma again (and had fun jumping on her and untying her shoes), and my winter coat has come in.

Thanksgiving has come and gone. I’m not quite sure what it was all about, but my Mama said she was very thankful for me and then gave me an extra treat. So, I think I like Thanksgiving. And since I guess we’re supposed to say what we’re thankful for, I’m thankful for my Mama, my home, and my toys.

Now, something called Christmas is coming. From what I gather, it involves food and toys. I can’t wait!

3 comments:

molly said...

Dear Dylan,

I know what Christmas is. Christmas is when my Mom gets down on the floor with a big roll of paper, and won't get me pounce on it, because she says it is for "wrapping", whatever that is, and not for playing. If I am good, sometimes she gives me a little piece to chase around. In my home we listen to a lot of weird music at Christmas-my Mom likes a song about shoes, and a song about something called a "holy night". At Christmas there are presents, and treats if you are good...

Dylan said...

Is the big roll of paper red? That's my favorite color. It's yummy.

There hasn't been any weird music here, although there was this movie about a white Christmas on today. And now there's a tree in the living room with lights and stuff hanging from the branches, but I can't reach it to investigate. There is also a red sock hanging up. My mama says it's my stocking, for when Santa Paws visits. Is he the one who brings the presents and treats? Or does he just need socks for his feet?

molly said...

My mom's paper is lots of different colors. One time I decided to scratch the chair in the dining room, even after my mom said "no", and she grabbed some of that paper and ran after me with it. My mom runs fast sometimes. She uses these weird-looking pointy things with the paper. I like them because they are shiny, but Mom says I can't play with them because they are sharp. Does your mom say "no" a lot, like mine?

Yes, Santa paws brings treats to g kitties and bunnies but you have to be extra good. If she tells you "no", then stop what you are doing. Eat all of your supper. Be nice at the vet.

My mom has a tree, too, but she always figures out when I'm playing with it. Even late at night, after I'm supposed to be sleeping.