Friday, May 2, 2008

Away and back

I got to have a little adventure. While my Mama went to my uncle's wedding, I went to stay with my Aunt Kathy and Cousin Maize. Maize is a kitty. I didn't know what to make of her, since I'm not sure I've ever seen a kitty before. But a little while after I got there, we had a stare-down, and I won. A little later, when I was in my pen, I'd hop toward her and she'd go hide behind a plant stand. Chicken. But we got used to each other. We'd even play. I'd hide under the bed until she came along, then I'd hop out at her. I'd also come up behind her and sniff her tail and headbutt her. It was lots of fun. What was also fun is Kathy clearly isn't used to having a bunny around and didn't block things off very well. I was wherever I wanted in no time. And I only got sent to bed early once, for chewing on stuff and not listening when told "No."

My Mama did finally come back to take me home. Even though I liked having a kitty for a little while and my auntie took really good care of me, I'm glad I'm home. This place is all mine, I get to hop all around instead of just in one room, and I missed my Mama. Well, I'm pooped after running all around, so I think I'll go to bed after I get my treat. Nighty-night.

3 comments:

molly said...

Dylan,

I am glad that you had a good time at your auntie's house. I've never visited anyone's home, except the vet. A few weeks ago, my Mom went on a trip. I knew she was going somewhere because she had a big box out that had wheels on it and she showed another lady where my food was. She was gone for 3 whole days.

Dylan said...

I don't like it when my Mama leaves me. But I did have fun at my aunt's house. And when my Mama goes away for work later this summer, my Grandma is going to come and take care of me. That will be fun. Do you think she'll let me get away with more stuff than Mama does?

molly said...

Oh, yes. My grandma always gives me lots of treats when she visits me; my Mom only gives me one evey now and then, she says I am a cat, not a pig. Grandmas are for spoiling and cuddling, and they never say "no". Sometimes I think my Mom is boring.